Book Review: An Elderly Lady Is Up To No Good by Helene Tursten (translated by Marlaine Delargy)


My Rating: 
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I never thought I'd say that I enjoyed a book about a lethal killer so much. But I actually did! Octogenarian Maud is one of the most unique fictional (I certainly hope!) characters I've come across in a long time. Smart as a whip , no-nonsense Maud finds solutions to her "problems" by disposing of them , literally and with no help needed whatsoever.

An Elderly Lady Is Up To No Good by Helene Tursten(translated by Marlaine Delargy) is a fun read that keeps you engaged throughout. Five short stories detailing Maud's (mis)adventures kept me riveted with its tongue-in-cheek humor and no frills storytelling. Needless to say, I need to read the next book in the series as soon as I can get my hands on it because I can't wait to find out what Maud does next! Thanks so much Kat(Books are Comfort Food) for putting this on my radar!

Comments