Book Review:The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy


My Rating:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

“This is a book for everyone, eighty or eight-”

I agree wholeheartedly!

Reading “The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse” written and beautifully illustrated by Charlie Mackesy is a moving , inspiring and comforting experience .Expressed through short and sweet conversations between four unlikely friends - the boy, the mole, the fox and the horse, the author touches upon themes of kindness, friendship , self–acceptance and life in general. The handwritten and hand illustrated format gives this book a personal and intimate feel reminiscent of some of the fables and stories we read as children (and still love and enjoy!). This is a very short read and I reread this book a few times before I finally put it down.

After reading and rereading the book, I took the time to listen to the audiobook and I am so happy that I did! Even if you are not a fan of audiobooks, I would suggest pairing your reading with the audio narration. The author’s narration is calm, soothing and simply brilliant. With the backdrop of soulful music and real wildlife sounds, this was a magical immersive experience I will definitely revisit.

Simply put, this is a special book that you would want to share with your near and dear ones. I certainly will!

Comments